Image Map

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Local Client Project Reveal: Budget Friendly Family Room

Hello there! I hope you have all had a wonderful week! Today I am back with another local client reveal. I know I owe you a follow up post from my basement family room reveal, but I couldn't wait to show you this family room makeover that I recently completed. When I met with my client she explained that she wanted to update and brighten up her family room. That is a common request amongst my clients! We went over her needs and wants for the space and came up with a design plan. The thing I love most about this project is that the design is completely budget friendly. All of the items were bought from big box stores and online. These days there are so many affordable and accessible options for home decor and furniture out there. I loved being able to transform the space using some of these resources. Here is a look at what the space looked like the first time I saw it...

BEFORE:



And here is what it looks like now...

AFTER:




One of the biggest changes to the room was the addition of the board and batten millwork to the television wall. My client's husband is very handy and he installed and painted the wall himself, which saved them quite a bit of money. He did a great job, it turned out fantastic! I also had him paint the blue fireplace wall to match the paint in the rest of the room. The mantle was painted white as well, helping create a cohesive feel to the woodwork in the room. We addressed the awkward fireplace niche by covering it up with a large piece of canvas art. I am not a fan of those niches and I like the clean and simple look the artwork and candles provide. We then replaced all of the furniture and accessories in the room with items purchased from local stores and online on popular retail sites. The family room is now reflective of the young vibrant family who lives in the house! 

I get to get all gussied up and attend a charity gala tonight with my hubs. It's always fun to pull out the LBD and some heels! I hope all of you have a great weekend!