Image Map

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Client Project Reveal: Polished Piano Room Before & After

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a glorious weekend. We had a weekend full of family and fun as we celebrated my oldest daughter's 10th Birthday and our 14th Wedding Anniversary. Both of these served as a great reminder that time seems to be passing much to quickly and to slowdown and enjoy each and every moment. I am certainly trying to be better that!

Today I am back with a rather dramatic before and after. For this project, I  was asked to tackle the piano room in my client's home. When I saw the space, the only thing I could focus on was the big red painted fireplace. In order to achieve the elegant and updated look my clients desired, I knew we would have to change it. I wanted to modernize the fireplace by getting rid of the tapered design of the fireplace breast (that is the technical term for the area above the mantel). I had my finish carpenter build a rectangular wood box, accented with wainscot, to fit over it. The entire fireplace was then painted white. The walls also received a fresh, new coat of paint. Finally, new furniture accessories and drapery panels were brought into the space.

Here is what the room looked like before:


And now...








It's amazing what a little paint can do! I think the new fireplace breast also makes the room feel so much more elegant. I think this is the perfect space my clients' to sit and listen to their talented kids tickle the ivories. It also make me want a Baby Grand Piano of my own!