Image Map

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sita Montgomery Interiors Client Project Reveal: The Primrose Project Teen Girl Bedroom

For the last 6 months, I've been working on a local remodel project, which I've named the Primrose Project. If you follow me on Instagram, you've likely seem me share some progress shots from this project. Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing the finished spaces in this home. The homeowners have been living in their home for about 6 years. They absolutely love their neighbors and their neighborhood, but never really loved their home. The home was financially a great deal, but it wasn't ideal. After 6 years of living in their home, my clients decided it was time to transform their house into the home they have always dreamed of an desired. They also believed in "going big or going home," so we didn't just remodel the the top two floors of the house, we also decided to remodel the entire exterior. More on that later. The main floor was taken to the studs, and the upstairs was transformed into a haven for their two girls, ages 16 and 7. My clients also have 3 boys, ages 12, 9 and 18. Prior to the remodel their 3 three younger kids' rooms were located on the second floor, while the 2 older kids' rooms were in the basement. As part of the remodel, my clients wanted to move all their boys to the basement and let the girls have their own space upstairs. I was given the task of transforming the second floor, which consisted of 2 bedrooms, a loft, 1 bathroom and a bonus room. 

Today, I am thrilled to be revealing the first of the transformed spaces on the second floor, the bedroom for my client's teenage daughter. This bedroom was previously shared by two of the boys. My client's daughter wanted a fun, hip bedroom that had a bit of a bohemian flair. I started by showing her several bedding options. After she selected, this one, I knew exactly which direction to take the design of the room. I started by designing a feature wall, which my insanely talented finish carpenters executed beautifully. The whole room was then painted Simply White, by Benjamin Moore. The space was finished off with with layers of colorful bedding, fun buffalo checked drapery, clean lined furniture and whimsical art and accessories The result is a fresh and fun room, perfectly fit for my clients' amazing and beautiful 16 year old daughter. Take a look.











Here is what the space looked like BEFORE:


And Now


I love this space and I know my clients and their daughter do to. I've been told that she and her friends love spending time in her new bedroom! If I was them, I would want to hang out in there too!

Stay tuned for more reveals from the Primrose Project. They are good, I promise. :) 

SHOP THIS ROOM
(click on the picture below to be taken directly to the source)