Image Map

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Kid Friendly Rug Round Up

I get so many questions about rugs that are kid friendly and easy to clean, that I decided to follow up my Affordable Rug Round up from last week with a Kid Friendly and Easy to Clean Rug Round Up. I am very familiar with the messes kids can make. Having 3 of my own, we have sacrificed a few rugs to stains. Fortunately, these days, there are many beautiful and affordable rugs out there for those of us who love our rugs, but not enough to want to give are children away. ;) Synthetic rugs are a great way to get the look and feel of a pretty wool rug, but without all the maintenance. Rugs made of polyester, propylene or olefin, are a great option for high traffic areas, like a mudroom or entryway. They are also soft enough to have underfoot in a bedroom or living room. I don't normally put rugs under dining tables, when my client's have young children, but if you really want/need a rug under your dining table, a synthetic rug is a great option. One thing to note, while these rugs can be functional and beautiful, they do not have a thick pile, although many are very soft. If you are putting this type of rug on a hard surfaces and want to have a cushier feel, be sure to use a nice thick rug pad.

Here are a few of my picks for rugs that check the boxes of beautiful, functional and easy to clean!

Click on the corresponding number or image below to be taken directly to the source.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11