Image Map

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sita Montgomery Interiors: The New Fork Project Bunk Room and Bathroom

As promised, today, I am sharing the full reveal of the Bunk Room and adjoining bathroom from the New Fork Project. This may very well be my favorite room in the house. My clients wanted a room specifically designed for their grandkids. A bunk room seemed like the perfect place for my clients' grandkids to gather together when they were visiting. When designing the bunk room, I wanted to make sure that the bunks were fully integrated into the space. We were lucky enough to have space to to have 2 twin bunks on top with two queen size bunks on the bottom. The ship lap detail was extended from the bunks to the three other walls. The dark stained accents allow this bright white room to still feel cohesive with the rest of the home. I finished off the space with camp inspires lighting, linens and art, making it a true children's haven. I have to add the Shane, Cameo Homes' finish carpenter, is a true master at his craft. He took my vision and turned it into a beautifully hand crafted reality. Take a look.








The bunk room bath was also designed with the kids in mind. The trough sink is one of my favorite elements. The lighting and tile selections are a sophisticated take on the campy theme in the bunk room. The large tub/shower combo with sliding glass doors on a barn door track is perfect for big and little kids alike.



Wouldn't you love to spend time in here if you were still a kid? My clients sure have some lucky grandchildren. When they come to visit, they will never want to leave!

Come back tomorrow to see the Basement Family Room and Kitchen!

Credits:
Photography: Lucy Call
Home Builder: Cameo Homes
Interior Design: Sita Montgomery Interiors
Cabinetry: Chris and Dicks
Lighting: Lighting Design