Image Map

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Introducing Natalie Malan Art

I am so happy to be here today, introducing you the the talented artist, Natalie Malan. Natalie is an illustrator and artist, who lives in the Salt Lake City area. I was first introduced to Natalie's art while browsing through the art prints on Minted. I was immediately drawn to Natalie's watercolor florals. Each one is vibrant and dynamic. I loved her color choices and use of space. I found myself imagining which project I could use one of her prints in. I was totally smitten!

Earlier this year, I decided that I wanted a large scale, watercolor landscape, to rest on my mantle. I had spend some time searching for the right one, but I kept coming up empty handed. I wanted something that complimented my space and had a light and airy feel. I decided it would be best for me to commission a piece from an artist. Choosing an artist was a no brainer. I knew Natalie would be able to create the perfect piece for me. I contacted her and was thrilled to hear she was willing to create an original watercolor landscape for my living room. She and I talked a bit about the different elements I wished  to see in the piece and the general color palette. I then sent her pictures of my space and after a few weeks, she sent me 3 different "drafts" to look over. They were all so beautiful!!! It was hard for me to choose, but I chose the one that I felt best represented my vision. She then proceeded to put the finishing touches on it. When I finally saw the finished piece, I was amazed! It was better than I had imagined! The 30"x40" masterpiece has found its' home on my fireplace mantel and I couldn't love it more. Take a look...








Natalie's art is truly special. She is an incredible talent and also happens to be one of the sweetest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. She is beauty inside and out! Take a look at some of her other work.






Gorgeous, right?!?! Natalie's watercolor art would be the perfect addition to any home. Luckily for us, Natalie has an Etsy shop where she sells her prints, as well as other products like custom banners and portraits. Natalie was kind enough to offer all of you a discount to her shop. YAY! 
Just use the code:

SITA15 

at checkout to receive 15% off your order through Sunday at midnight MST. 

A huge thank you to Natalie for creating the perfect watercolor landscape for my home. I absolutely love it. Be sure to visit Natalie's shop and hop over to Natalie's site to read more about her and see her current work.

SHOP THIS ROOM
(Click on the image below to be taken directly to the source)